Join SHERRI BAPTISTE as she shares her wisdom and love of yoga with you.
Sherri has been providing world-class instruction at these Autumn Renewal Retreats since 1999 developing a fantastic weekend program for you. She will skillfully guide you through practices that offer profound life-changing principles of yoga, health and fitness for body mind and spirit, in a simple way that is accessible to everyone, from all walks of life. Some yoga experience is recommended, with all levels of ability welcome.
- YOGA POSTURES: Sherri Baptiste will skillfully and gently guide you through each practice, providing ongoing modifications. During practice you will be encouraged to work at your own level of ability.
- BREATHWORK: There are many benefits from this natural process, bringing peace of mind, strengthening the body’s immune system, slowing biologic aging processes, awakening regenerative energies, balancing the nervous system, and enhancing creative powers. Taught by Sherri Baptiste.
- DEEP RELAXATION and MEDITATION: Join Sherri Baptiste for periods of silence and contemplation, orientation to Zen practice and morning meditation with Zen monks.
- BRING ALIVE: Great Ancient Wisdom Self Realization Techniques along with Contemporary Science for both practical and personal development. These practices /skills are here to help you achieve personal and professional excellence.
Sherri Baptiste ERYT 500 is an inspirational yoga teacher at the forefront of training in America. Her retreats and teacher training programs provide an empowering, peaceful oasis in a hurried world, a place where students can find within themselves the tools and knowledge to support and maintain a happier, healthier and more spiritual lifestyle.
Special Guest Teacher: Michele Hébert
was personally trained by Raja Yoga Master Walt Baptiste who instilled in her the philosophy
‘from a sound base upward.’ Author of the award winning book The Tenth Door: she has served as media representative for the American Council on Exercise in the area of Mind-Body Integration and founder of meditation-based stress management program at Scripps Clinic La Jolla, Ca.
The Raja Yoga teachings of Walt Baptiste that set it apart from other schools are the tremendous variety of practices that touch on the WHOLE being.
During Michele’s sessions you will experience and practice a range of inner and outer practices that will bring you new insights into the process of transformation and an increasing strength of character.
- FOUNDATION: The base is the strength and health of the physical body as well as values that are in alignment with your highest ideals. “From a sound base upward.” – Walt Baptiste
- BREATH: The teachings have a powerful emphasis on conscious breathing in all areas of life. “Breath is life.” – Walt Baptiste
- MIND: You will learn foundational Raja Yoga practices of harnessing the mind to create a life of good, truth and beauty. “If you don’t get hold of your own mind, negativity will.” – Walt Baptiste
- MEDITATION: The pinnacle of the teachings is the art and science of Meditation. The Walt Baptiste method offers a wide variety of deep practices that encompass most wisdom tradition teachings.
“Raja Yoga picks you up where you are and sets you down a remade human being.” – Huston Smith.
Special Guest Musician:
Sharanam Anandama Sacred Sound Saturday Evening Raga style music will be played on Electric Dulcimer - one of the only two truly “American” instruments. He will fuse ancient Indian Raga Style with American Folk Roots music... serene, uplifting, flowing and sweet... offered with kirtan chanting and spoken word commentary on the evolutionary nature of the soul and spiritual enlightenment
- ACCOMMODATIONS… in the octagonal Green Gulch guest house constructed with traditional Japanese joinery methods.
- MEALS… delicious natural food… vegetarian including dairy and eggs, ingredients mostly grown on the farm will be mindfully prepared by Zen Center residents.
- MORNING HIKES… Mt. Tamalpais is a source of re-creation in the most literal sense of health, clarity, stillness and beauty.
The forces of nature are powerfully magnetic in this private place and this experience in nature will be deeply spiritual.
- EVENING LECTURE… with Sherri Baptiste and Michele Hébert.
Don’t miss this opportunity with Sherri and her Special Guest Teachers
as they share this deeply spiritual and energizing weekend with you.
View pictures of past retreats.
Seido Lee de Barros Zen Priest and Dharma teacher in Shunryu Suzuki lineage will open our weekends leading you through an informative Zendo instruction, Dharma talk and Meditation.
- You’ll learn how to enter the Zendo
- Sitting and Mindfulness Techniques
- Buddhist Zen Meditation Insights
Lee Serves the San Francisco Zen Center, Green Gulch Farm and Tassajara Mountain Zen Centers as Dharma Teacher, Spiritual Adviser, and works with homeless, prisoners and hospice.
Retreat Assistant: Peg Malone has practiced yoga for over 20 years. Introduced to Sherri Baptiste at Green Gulch in 2001, Peg went on to become a certified Baptiste Yoga Teacher, Massage and Yoga Therapist. Assisting Sherri for a variety of Baptiste Inspired Retreats, including a dozen held at Green Gulch Zen Center, she steps into each event with joy of heart, giving her full attention to detail and her commitment to the Yoga of ‘Being of Service’.