|Join SHERRI BAPTISTE as she shares her wisdom and love of yoga with you.
Sherri has been providing world-class instruction at these Autumn Renewal Retreats since 1999 developing a fantastic weekend program for you. She will skillfully guide you through practices that offer profound life-changing principles of yoga, health and fitness for body mind and spirit, in a simple way that is accessible to everyone, from all walks of life. Some yoga experience is recommended, with all levels of ability welcome.
- Yoga Postures - Sherri Baptiste will be skillfully and gently guided through each practice, with ongoing modifications, and encouraged to work at your own level of ability.
- Breathwork - there are many benefits from this natural process, bringing peace of mind, strengthening the body’s immune system, slowing biologic aging processes, awakening regenerative energies, balancing the nervous system, and enhancing creative powers. Taught by Sherri Baptiste.
- Deep Relaxation and Meditation - join Sherri Baptiste for periods of silence and contemplation, orientation to Zen practice and morning meditation with Zen monks.
Sherri Baptiste ERYT 500 is an inspirational yoga teacher at the forefront of training in America. Her retreats and teacher training programs provide an empowering, peaceful oasis in a hurried world, a place where students can find within themselves the tools and knowledge to support and maintain a happier, healthier and more spiritual lifestyle.
|Walter Hurd Special Guest Teacher carries the lineage of the Walt Baptiste Teachings forward with clarity and integrity. During this weekend Walter will provide you with an integral road map of the Walt Baptiste teachings.
Walt Baptiste‘s style of breath integration with yoga postures is unique to any other because it embraces the whole human.
- Yoga Postures - Walter will teach a full two hour session using the deep surrender yoga principles taught by Walt Baptiste. Special emphases will be paid to the power of breath as a transformational force for the mind and body and as a prelude for easing into meditation.
- Meditation - Thirty minutes will be dedicated to the beginning meditation techniques taught by Walt Baptiste, to calm the mind, create greater clarity of mind and heighten your sensitivity to intuitions knowing impulses.
- Long Term Benefits - The life experience is lifted. There is a new clean, calmness of mind and emotions. There is new strength of body and character, and new confirming insights into who you are.
Walter Hurd, because of his forty years of dedicated practice, has been certified and entrusted by Walt Baptiste to carry forward these teachings. In 1998 Walter began his career counseling hundreds of people to overcome their physical, mental or emotional limitations of every kind. He currently teaches Yoga and Meditation in Danville, CA.
Master instrumentalist/singer-songwriter Matt Venuti will be gracing us with an intimate concert on Saturday evening. Matt is on a concert tour performing his deeply moving songs while accompanying himself on the Hang, the most exciting new acoustic instrument of the 21st Century and one of the most captivating and versatile of all time. Matt is one of the world’s premier players of the instrument.
Matt will also be debuting a brand new instrument from the creators of the Hang called a Gubal, which has a powerfully deep resonance and sublime qualities. These instruments from the Swiss-based PANArt company have inspired a renaissance in acoustic instrument design and Matt’s concerts offer a rare opening into this fascinating new world.
Matt’s compositions and performances have been commended by worldwide fans of his original music. He has a history of performing at progressive happenings like the TED Conferences and gala events worldwide, either as a soloist or with his San Francisco based ensemble, The Venusians. He tours throughout most of the year performing solo concerts. Matt’s videos and music can be found by visiting www.mattvenuti.com
- ACCOMMODATIONS… in the octagonal Green Gulch guest house constructed with traditional Japanese joinery methods.
- MEALS… delicious natural food… vegetarian including dairy and eggs, ingredients mostly grown on the farm will be mindfully prepared by Zen Center residents.
- MORNING HIKES… Mt. Tamalpais is a source of re-creation in the most literal sense of health, clarity, stillness and beauty.
The forces of nature are powerfully magnetic in this private place and this experience in nature will be deeply spiritual.
- EVENING LECTURE… with Sherri Baptiste and Walter Hurd.
Don’t miss this opportunity with Sherri and her Special Guest Teachers
as they share this deeply spiritual and energizing weekend with you.
View pictures of past retreats.
Seido Lee de Barros Zen Priest and Dharma teacher in Shunryu Suzuki lineage will open our weekends leading you through an informative Zendo instruction, Dharma talk and Meditation.
- You’ll learn how to enter the Zendo
- Sitting and Mindfulness Techniques
- Buddhist Zen Meditation Insights
Lee Serves the San Francisco Zen Center, Green Gulch Farm and Tassajara Mountain Zen Centers as Dharma Teacher, Spiritual Adviser, and works with homeless, prisoners and hospice.
Retreat Assistant: Peg Malone has practiced yoga for over 20 years. Introduced to Sherri Baptiste at Green Gulch in 2001, Peg went on to become a certified Baptiste Yoga Teacher, Massage and Yoga Therapist. Assisting Sherri for a variety of Baptiste Inspired Retreats, including a dozen held at Green Gulch Zen Center, she steps into each event with joy of heart, giving her full attention to detail and her commitment to the Yoga of ‘Being of Service’.