ENHANCE YOUR BRAIN, TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE
AN OPTIMAL HEALTH WEEKEND RETREAT
with Sherri Baptiste & Dr. Brad Jacobs MD
July 7–8, 2012
Join us at Cavallo Point for this empowering weekend retreat led by two acclaimed wellness experts - integrative medicine physician, educator and author Brad Jacobs MD; and inspirational yoga teacher and author Sherri Baptiste. Over the two days, you’ll experience and learn a range of mind, body and spirit practices that provide you with valuable tools to improve your memory, focus, creativity and emotional intelligence. The weekend’s engaging activities include informative talks, brain performance-enhancing exercises, yoga, qi gong, nature hikes, delicious meals and more.
Leading the retreat are two renowned experts in Mind & Body: Dr. Brad, Cavallo Point’s resident integrative physician, teaches the state-of-the-science on Optimal Brain Health and instructs a class on qi gong, an ancient Chinese practice that cultivates vital internal energies to achieve health, vitality and awareness. Sherri Baptiste leads yoga classes designed to optimize cognitive potential and emotional well-being. Taking advantage of Cavallo Point’s breathtaking outdoor setting, retreat participants join Dr. Brad and Sherri on nature hikes in the Marin Headlands overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge. Throughout the weekend, the lodge provides healthy, nutritious meals, and a beautiful environment conducive to health and happiness.
Deborah Winters - live music with dinner,
performing with Guitarist Jean Michel Hure
On her soon-to-be released CD, Lovers After All, Deborah joined forces with trumpeter/arranger/producer Peter Welker and a stellar cast of Jazz luminaries.
Variety and versatility characterize Deborah’s ongoing performance schedule as
she continues to dazzle and uplift her audiences at Bay Area music festivals,
concert halls, churches and house concerts. www.deborahwinters.net
STAY THE NIGHT
Save 20% on a two-night stay during the retreat weekend.
SATURDAY, JULY 7
- • 8:30 am – 9:00 am: Opening: Welcome and Meditation
- • 9:00 am – 10:30 am: Yoga: Baptiste Hatha Yoga Flow
- • 10:30 – 12:00 pm: Hike in Marin Headlands
- • 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm: Lunch
- • 1:30 pm – 2:45 pm: Optimal Brain Health Workshop
– 45-minute talk on Optimal Brain Health
– 30-minute class on Qi Gong 8 Brocades
- • 2:45 pm – 3:45 pm: Yoga: Restorative, Breathwork and Meditation
- • 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Yoga led by Sherri in Mission Blue Chapel
- • 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm: Special Retreat Dinner
SUNDAY, JULY 8
- • 8:30 am – 10:00 am: Hike in Marin Headlands
- • 10:00 am – 11:00 am: Yoga: Baptiste Hatha Yoga Flow
- • 11:00 – 12:00 pm: Lunch & Learn 30-minute talk: Enhancing Vitality: Reconnecting with your ‘Liveliness’
- • 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm: Closing
- • 1:00 pm Depart
Optional: Spa Services and/or Cooking School Class (1–4 pm) with Dr. Brad and Chef Jayne Reichert
What to bring: Yoga mat, blanket, water bottle, yoga block (optional) and a sitting cushion. A zafu cushion designed for sitting is ideal, but any small firm cushion is suitable. Bring tennis shoes or hiking boots for nature hike.
TWO-DAY RETREAT, JULY 7 - 8: $275 / person + tax
Includes retreat activities, one dinner & two lunches. All levels welcome; some basic yoga experience is recommended, with all levels of ability welcome. No prior experience in qi gong is necessary.
415.339.4700 • firstname.lastname@example.org